Thursday, May 8, 2008

What is Wrong With People??

Hayden and I were out running errands before getting O from school. The first stop we made was a popcorn shop. I was waiting on a gift basket to be made for O's teacher (teacher appreciation week). Anyway, this other customer decides to comment on Hayden. "Whoa, that is one big baby" she says. Since I hear this alot I just smile and nod...yes, he sure is. I thought that was the end of it, but I was so wrong. She goes on to ask his age, weight, what he eats, etc... WTF???? This is none of your business lady! Finally she paid for her stuff and was out of there. The lady behind the counter laughed and said "Some people just don't know how to shut thier mouths". Isn't that the truth!!
Then we went over to the grocery store. I went through the self check-out line. No one else was in there so the cashier lady comes over to talk to Hayden. She bends down to him in the stroller and talks right in his face. He bursts into tears! Back off lady!! Instead of understanding that he's 7 months old, has a little stranger anxiety, and that he didn't like her up in his face, she gets offended that he started crying. Again, WTF???? She says "What is wrong with him? All babies love me. You must have a real sensitive guy there. " If I hadn't been in a hurry to get O, I think I would have flattened her!

No comments: