Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Recap

What's new around here? Let's see....


Rob and I got to have a little getaway last weekend. It was great!! We drove down to Austin. It is such a fun city! We met up with friends Friday night for dinner and a movie. Saw Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie...so glad it won the Oscar! We got to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday. That was heaven....I had not slept through the night in months. WONDERFUL!! On Saturday afternoon we headed downtown, found a rooftop patio, and enjoyed yummy mexican food and margaritas. Went bar hopping a little bit the rest of the afternoon. Then that evening we had tickets to Esther's Follies. If you are ever in the Austin area...go see this show! I haven't laughed this much in ages! We loved it! The boys enjoyed staying here and getting spoiled rotten by my parents. It was so nice to get away!

Owen had his re-check at the dr on Monday. Tested positive for strep once again...Ughh! He has now been diagnosed as a carrier of strep. He's on a super strong antibiotic (3tsp 3x/day) to try and eradicate the bacteria. We go back in about 10 days. If he's still positive, we will then move on to seeing an ENT. We want to put him in karate and swimming lessons. We have to keep waiting for him to be completely well. We are now just a month away from his 5th b-day. I cannot believe I am about to have a 5 year old!!

Hayden is a little wild man! Cute and sweet as can be, but a major stinker these days! He loves blocks, books, balls, and any of Owen's toys he can get his hands on. His vocabulary is growing everyday. I stay super busy chasing after him these days!

We are having gorgeous weather this week, so we are heading straight to the park after school today. Hope you all have a great day :-)








5 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Kelly!!! So sorry to hear that O is still sick. I do hipe he feels better real soon. I can't believe you're going to have a 5-yr.-old, either!

Julie said...

So glad you had a fun weekend Kelly! Sorry Owen can't kick the strep...I was a carrier as a kid! It is so hard to believe he will be 5 soon. Time really does fly!! Hayden is so cute...when are you coming to visit???

Kim said...

Yes, when ARE you coming to visit?? Soon, please!

Kelly said...

I want to visit so badly!!! I'll have to try and work that out very soon! I cannot believe it's been almost 2 years since my last visit!

Hilary said...

Thank you so much for praying for my pregnancy....it means so much to me!!

May you and your beautiful family be blessed :)