Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To Owen

Dear Owen-
Today is your 5th birthday! I cannot believe you are already 5 years old! You have grown into such a sweet big boy. I remember every moment of the day you were born. I was and am so proud to be your mommy! What an amazing gift!
You are doing so well in preschool. You can read and write all your letters. We have been working on letter sounds and some sight words and you've done an awesome job! You love playing with your friends at school, but you despise rest time. You are really into legos, hot wheels, and all kinds of games. In the past few months you have become fascinated with science experiments, reptiles, bugs, and dinosaurs. Unlike me, you know the names of all of them! You have had a great time taking your soccer class at school this year. I think we'll do the team thing again in the fall. Next month you are starting karate which I think will be lots of fun!
You are still a laid back kid. You like to be on the go and see new things most of the time, but every once in awhile you ask to have a stay at home day. You play very well with Hayden. He idolizes you! You are a patient and caring big brother and I love to see you guys play together.
You love to crack jokes and make me smile a million times a day. However, my favorite time of day with you is at bedtime. We snuggle up in your bed to read books, talk, sing songs, say prayers etc.. It's a nice calm and quiet time for just the 2 of us. Your favorite thing to do with daddy is go see the Dallas Mavs play. You've been to a few games this season and you love it!
You have some pretty big things coming up this next year. Next fall you will go to Kindergarten. I cry already just thinking about it! You are very excited to go to "the big school". Now that you are 5 you will be doing your 1st communion at church. Daddy and I also think you are ready for a few more responsibilities at home, so we will be redoing our chore list and starting a weekly allowance for you.
As I write this, you are at school enjoying cupcakes with your classmates. Tonight we are going to a place called the Magic Time Machine for dinner. We've heard it a super fun place! One gift we are surprising you with tonight are tickets to Disney on Ice. You and I are going tomorrow night. I think you'll be so excited! Then on Saturday, you will have your party with several friends..a firefighter party!
I look forward to the next year! Enjoy your birthday sweet boy! Daddy, Hayden and I love you so much!
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mom


3 comments:

Jen said...

Sob!!! :")

Nicole said...

Happy birthday Owen. I can not believe it is time for Kindergarten. YIKES!!!!!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Owen! How is five years old already here? You were so tiny the first time we met at the library. We miss our birthday friend and we hope you have a great birthday!

Love,
Chris, Kim, David, Henry, & Jack